We often get asked about our powder coating line at our 16th street facility and unless you come down to our facility for a tour it can be a little difficult to explain. That’s why we decided to break down the process for you!
- Parts pass through seven stage wash system where parts are cleaned to prepare parts for coating
Masking-Dry Off area
- Area used to put on masking if masking can’t pass through washer
Roll in roll out Powder booths
- A process called electrostatic spray deposition (ESD) is typically used to achieve the application of the powder coating to a metal substrate. Done with manual or automatic guns
- This application method uses a spray gun, which applies an electrostatic charge to the powder particles, which are then attracted to the grounded part.
- After parts leave the powder booths they pass into oven.Oven is 150 feet in length.
- Accuracy of part curing monitored by 24 hour chart system.