KECO Coatings has an immediate opening for a Shipping & Receiving Inspector. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Purpose and Objective for the position are to…
- Ensure all parts and materials (customer, supplier, or KECO’s) are identified, inspected, measured, counted, and documented properly upon receipt in compliance with KECO’s standards, certifications, and customer’s spec.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ensure all products processed conform to all customer requirements (quality and delivery).
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend written information, including procedures, instructions, and customer requirements.
- Willingness to learn and be a strong team player.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written, spelling, and grammar.
- Mathematical aptitude – fractions, hand out, measurements, and calculations.
- Reliable and prompt.
- Self-motivated – work well without supervision.
- Ability to learn how to use and maintain inspection devices – micrometer, film thickness, tape measure, etc.
- Analyze and develop inspection reports.
- Willing to work over-time when needed.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Fork lift certification needed.
- Prep parts as needed.
- Maintain wash system.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority:
- Assist in maintaining KECO Engineered Coatings, Inc.’s QMS certification(s) through involvement of corrective and preventive action, product/process problems, implementation of solutions, and non-conformances, as required.
- Mark incoming customer packages, repair packages (exp: wood crate), and build new wood crates.
- Hand count parts per Sampling Plan.
- Maintain housekeeping in Receiving Area.
- Ensure all parts and materials (customer, supplier, or KECO’s) are identified, inspected, measured, counted, and documented properly upon receipt in compliance with KECO’s QMS Standards and Certifications.
- Make sure all parts have “OK-for-Use” tags on them prior to processing.
- Arrange for photo’s to be taken of certain parts (i.e., Feeder bowls) that may require masking.
- Participate in special projects as instructed by management.
- Retain knowledge of customer specifications and needs.
- Receiving Inspector has the authority to accept or reject incoming parts (per receiving inspection activities) due to customer or shipping damage; complete all receiving forms and tags; unload/load customers vehicles; and notify management of a discrepancy in any documentation from what is received and what is supposed to be received.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.