OPEN POSITION: Coating Applicator
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE:
- Apply coatings of liquid or powder as instructed (verbal or written).
- Maintain documentation and records to satisfy tech plans.
- Ensure all products processed to conform to tech plans.
- Follow company policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Assist in meeting or exceeding all Keco performance objectives and goals.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 2-3 yrs. Coating application experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend tech plans.
- Blueprint & Specification reading comprehension skills preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong TEAM player.
- Good communication skills (verbal, written, spelling, and grammar).
- Perform all tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Reliability and promptness.
- Self-motivated (works well without supervision).
- Willing to work over-time when needed.
- Mechanically inclined.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & AUTHORITY:
- Mechanically clean (sand or glass media, and washing in solvents) parts for coating application:
- Verify part acceptability.
- Set-up and maintain tooling.
- Process parts through mechanical cleaning equipment.
- 100% inspection parts processed.
- Document process activities (Tech Plan).
- Apply coatings as needed to meet daily shipment requirements.
- Move materials to and from storage areas.
- Unload receiving trucks as needed.
- Complete special projects assigned.
- Learn and follow all company policies, procedures, instructions.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, or quality system.
- Initiate, recommend, and provide solutions to problems.
- Keep management informed of potential problems.
- Help others to achieve company objectives and goals.
- Maintain housekeeping in his/her area of responsibility and help others as needed or assigned by management.
- Strive to prevent problems and continuously improve processes and personal performance.
- Employee authority includes: asking questions if instruction or process does not seem clear, to stop processing jobs to prevent further non-conformances, to operate spray equipment and ovens unsupervised per Tech Plan, to mix paint and verify product & shelf life, and to process parts per verbal instructions via a superior (Production Mgr., and/or Quality Manager) in special circumstances.
STARTING PAY: $17.00 per hour
BENEFITS: Overview provided at interview
TO APPLY: Email Bryan Stanfill at email@example.com